II. Resetting & Router Firmware
How to reset the Vigor 3900 / 2960 to Factory Default settings
The DrayTek Vigor 3900, 2960 and 300B routers differ from other DrayTek routers in the process of factory resetting the units - when one of these routers is factory reset, it clears its internal filesystem and reflashes the router firmware.Because of this, these routers take longer to factory reset than other DrayTek routers - with current firmware, the time from pressing the factory reset button to the router coming back online is roughly 2 minutes 30 seconds.
1. Back up the existing configuration on the router if required - this is done from [System Maintenance] > [Configuration Backup] by clicking the Backup button.
2. Press the Factory Reset button on the front of the router for 5 seconds.
3. The ACT and USB lights on the router will flash rapidly; release the Factory Reset button.
4. Wait for around 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
5. The router will be accessible on http://192.168.1.1 with the default user account of "admin" which has a default password of "admin".
A constant ping to 192.168.1.1 can be used to monitor whether the router is back online as that is the IP address that the router will be on after the factory reset procedure.
On the Vigor 3900, it is possible to use the Console port of the router to monitor the progress of the factory reset procedure.
The router will display:
10-status: UP lan1
network(4683): boot END exec_time=9
Once the factory reset has completed and the router has finished its boot cycle.
How do you rate this article?
- First Published: 20/01/2015
- Last Updated: 30/01/2015
Add a comment to this article
NOTE : All comments are reviewed before publication and may not be posted or may be redacted if the editors do not consider them helpful. The use of offensive or obscene language, copyrighted material, or advertising or promotion or linking to any other product or service is prohibited. By submitting your comment, you confirm that you are the original author and assign copyright of the content to DrayTek indefinitely and irrevocably.