Terms of Service
UK Web Site, Support Services & Support Portal Terms of Service
There are no sneaky or weird terms here (we hope - let us know otherwise); it's mostly common sense, but it's important you understand your obligations and our commitment to you. We'll try to keep it simple!
By applying for access to this service or by accessing the web site or support services, you must agree to and are bound by the following terms:
- Registration: Access to some areas of the UK support portal require registration. Such areas and registration are available only to users in the UK, Ireland and Channel Islands.
If your product was not purchased through a UK, Irish or Channel Islands authorised reseller or it was purchased from or via any other geographic region or did not originate through the official UK distribution channels then your product is not eligible for UK support services or access to these web pages. If in doubt, please contact us.
- Product Eligibility: Where you provide details of any specific product, for example a serial number, that number must be from a product which you currently own, manage or are responsible for. You may not use the details from any other product, nor share your product details to enable someone else to do so.
- Password security: You should use a secure password when creating your account or whenever you change your password. This is ideally a minimum 8 character, mixed letters, numbers and characters. For example 'fuh512-hyfl$g' is good but 'password' or '1234' are bad (not secure and easily hacked/guessed).
- Account Access: Any valid person wishing to access the site must use their own account (username and password) to do so. You may not share your account with another person, publish its details or passwords or otherwise allow anyone else to have access to the services or resources. If you have multiple people within your company, each person can open their own account. If you believe your account details have been compromised, you should change your password immediately or advise us.
- Redistribution & Copyright: All web page content, images, guides, documentation, FAQs, downloads and firmware (collectively 'materials') are provided onto the registered and authorised user for their own personal use or use within their work or employment. Under no circumstances may materials be reproduced, republished, broadcast in part or full in Any form, electronic or otherwise without prior written permission of the site operators.
- Mirroring: You may not redistribute any documents, downloads or firmware, host them on your own web site or any 3rd party distribution platforms.
- Accuracy and Best Endeavours: We endeavour to ensure that our material is accurate, up-to-date and appropriate however due to continuous product development and variations, information may not be correct. Any advice, tutorial or instruction given is provided in good faith but may not always address the specific need or purpose or may cause unwanted operation. In addition, as we cannot know everything about your environment or be familiar with other connected equipment, our material or advice may not always be appropriate for every scenario. In such cases, we will of course continue to work with you to resolve any issues. You must make reasonable effort to make us aware of any material facts which could be relevant or augment our advice.
- Responsibility: Some areas of our site may allow you or other members of the public to contribute or submit your own information, comments or opinions. It is your responsibility to ensure that any such material is accurate, not offensive, obscene or unlawful. In particular, you may not post or submit anything which may offend harm the interests, commercial or personal of any other user, company, associated company, personnel or the site operators.
- Security: You shall not attempt to bypass site security or access any area which is reasonably assumed to not be intended for public access, not publicise or help any other person with same. You will not use the site for any purpose other than which is it clearly and reasonably intended including, but not limited to, testing or experimentation. If you become aware of a security or other flaw within our web site, services or products, you are obliged to report them to us at the earliest opportunity and not publish such information publicly or elsewhere.
- Email Address: The email address you use to register and operate the account must be a valid permanent address which belongs to you (or an account under your permanent control). You may not use temporary/expiring email addresses or any email service where your email address may be used/accessed by another person. It is permitted to use an address modifying alias (where a tag is suffixed to your email address, assuming your provider supports that).
- Your privacy: we ask for certain details during your registration which we shall keep confidentially. We ask for these for the purposes of delivering our own support services, communicating with you and informing you of any product updates or other relevant news. Any details about your site usage or access are also kept confidentially. We will not share your details with any 3rd party except in connection with delivering our service to you. Our customers newsletter is sent out approximately 4-6 times per year; you can unsubscribe from that (to opt out of receiving it) by clicking the link at the bottom of the newsletter. In the case of any essential product notice (for example a safety alert) we would still send those.
- Juristiction: Interpretation of these terms shall be according to English law. Where we are required by any government or law enforcement agency to override any restriction or protection we might normally provide you, then we shall do so.
- Variation: These terms of service may be varied at any time as is reasonably required to change our services, protect our customers and our own resources and systems. The latest version of these terms are available here. You may request your account and access be deleted at any time, however you are still bound by these terms.
- Termination: If at any time we believe that you may have breached any terms of this agreement or your account access details may have been compromised your access will be suspended. Your account or access may also be terminated at any time without notice or explanation.
- Limitation of Liability: Use of the web site or reliance on any information obtained from it, whether it is from the site owners, an allied body or another user, shall be at all times at your own risk. You agree that the operators shall not be liable to you under contract or tort for any loss, financial or otherwise you may incur for using this web site and that you shall not bring any claim against the operators, their personnel or any other user of this web site.
- Reasonableness: If you do not agree to these terms or consider them unreasonable then you should not register, use or access the site.
- Identity: In all access, registration and interaction with the web site, other users and our personnel and support services, you shall use your own real name and identity (except where aliases/usernames are permitted) and not imply that you are a different person or represent anyone who you do not genuinely represent or work for.
- Confidentiality: Any information which either you receive from us or our agents (anything you/read read or have access to either on the web site or which is sent to/from our personnel or agents on our behalf) which is not already placed into the public domain by us or you (respectively depending on the ownership or origin) may not be republished, repeated or passed onto any third party. This includes all documentation, firmware, guides, instructions and the content of any email with us. This is bilateral; you can send us information (such as network data, logs, passwords etc.) and we will treat it and the content of all emails confidentially, and you will do the same with anything we provide or send to you. All parties shall take reasonable steps to protect such data.