XV. Vigor ACS SI
How to Upgrade Self-Hosted Vigor ACS-SI
How to Upgrade Self Hosted Vigor ACS-SI
This article explains how to upgrade a self hosted installation of Vigor ACS-SI either for Windows or Linux installed versions.
From time to time, there is a newer version of Vigor ACS-SI adding new features or improving existing ones.
How to Upgrade Linux version of Vigor ACS-SI
This procedure assumes the installation of Vigor ACS-SI is installed on a Linux OS server.
1. Ensure you take a backup of the Vigor ACS-SI installation. This separate KB article explains how to do this
After the upgrade the backup will need to be reconfigured because the backupconfig_si_txt file will be replaced with a new version during the upgrade process.
2. The upgrade should not affect the /EMS directory which contacing the .cfg files (config backups), .all and .rst firmware files previously uploaded but it is best practice to have a backup of these prior to the upgrade in case of any unexpected issues. The backup process is explained in the "Other Files" tab in the above KB article.
3. Download the Vigor ACS-SI upgrade file from the link provided by DrayTek Support
The file is likely to be similar to this file name
4. Copy the upgrade file to a new folder in Linux
5. Uncompress the file
e.g. # bzip2 -cd VigorACS_Unix_Like_Draytek_Pro64_1.1.7_update.tar.bz2 | tar xvf -
6. Change the privilege mode of the install and uninstall files
# chmod 755 ./install.sh
# chmod 755 ./uninstall.sh
Select 2 to shutdown mysql, and 4 to shutdown VigorACS
7. Run ./install.sh
Select 4 to upgrade Vigor ACS-SI
- Select Y to upgrade tr069 db.
- Enter the MySQL database, just enter for ACS MYSQL
- Enter the root login password for MYSQL/MariaDB
- If prompted to replace files, select "A" to replace all VigorACS files with the new upgrade files
8. When the upgrade is completed, you should see on screen as below
Select 5 to exit
View option 7, and change via option 6 to suitable setting depending on the amount of memory in the Linux server. Typically this can be 2000 for MAX, and 1900 for MIN for a server with 4-6Gb RAM
Next select 1 (Although this may already be running), then 3 (this may take a few mins to complete)
10. Re-setup the backup. http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-acssi-backup#2-linux-unix-backup
How to upgrade Windows Version of Vigor ACS-SI
This procedure explains how to upgrade a Windows version of Vigor ACS-SI.
1. Download Vigor ACS-SI from the link provided. Uncompress the file to a newly created folder on the C: drive.
2. Ensure a backup is taken of the Vigor ACS-SI installation. For further details on this refer to this knowledge article
NOTE: After the upgrade the backup will need to be reconfigured because the backupconfig_si_windows.txt file will be replaced with a new version during the upgrade process.
NOTE: The upgrade should not affect the C:\EMS directory which contacing the .cfg files (config backups), .all and .rst firmware files previously uploaded but it is best practice to have a backup of these prior to the upgrade in case of any unexpected issues. The backup process is explained in the "Other Files" tab in the above KB article.
3. Next, shutdown the Vigor ACS-SI service on the Windows Vigor ACS-SI server by selecting the desktop icon. This will need to be run with Administrator rights.
4. Change to the folder where the upgrade files are found
5. Uncompress the zip file.
6. Change to the C:\VigorACS_Upgrade_1.xx\ACS\ACS folder
7. Run the "setup_update.exe"
Select the folder for where MariaDB 5.5 is installed, the screen below is the default folder
Enter the MySQL password, this must be the correct one as used in the original installation
Enter the Maximum and Minimum memory for Vigor ACS-SI. If you server is 4G or higher, the below settings would be suitable
Enter the Vigor ACS-SI access port setting for HTTP and HTTPS
Observe Vigor ACS-SI Upgrade progress
Vigor ACS-SI Upgrade is completed. The service has been run as part of the upgrade process.
How do you rate this article?
- First Published: 28/09/2015
- Last Updated: 20/05/2016
Add a comment to this article
NOTE : All comments are reviewed before publication and may not be posted or may be redacted if the editors do not consider them helpful. The use of offensive or obscene language, copyrighted material, or advertising or promotion or linking to any other product or service is prohibited. By submitting your comment, you confirm that you are the original author and assign copyright of the content to DrayTek indefinitely and irrevocably.