I. Product Setup Guides
Fitting a SIM card into the Vigor 2860Ln
The DrayTek Vigor 2860Ln router's SIM card slot is located on the back of the router and is secured with a SIM card cover plate that screws into place.
This slot requires a standard size SIM card; Nano or Micro SIMs will require an adapter (not supplied but widely available).
To fit the SIM card into the router
- Disconnect the power supply from the Vigor 2860Ln router
- Unscrew the SIM card cover on the back of the unit
- Slide the SIM card into the router, contacts facing downwards with the notched end going in to the router:
- Push the SIM card into the slot can be aided with the tip of a wireless antenna or edge of the SIM card cover:
- Screw the SIM card cover back into place:
- Fit the LTE antennas to the router, using the 1m extension mounts where possible as they can improve throughput if positioned in a better location.
- Connect the power supply to the router and power up the router.
- Once the router's LTE modem has connected to the mobile network, it will show the status on the [Dashboard] under the LTE Status section:
How do you rate this article?
- First Published: 17/12/2015
- Last Updated: 11/10/2016
Add a comment to this article
NOTE : All comments are reviewed before publication and may not be posted or may be redacted if the editors do not consider them helpful. The use of offensive or obscene language, copyrighted material, or advertising or promotion or linking to any other product or service is prohibited. By submitting your comment, you confirm that you are the original author and assign copyright of the content to DrayTek indefinitely and irrevocably.