DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum
Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users
2867be DSL ISP Access Setup: How?
- Howard
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank yous received: 0
01 Oct 2026 21:43 #107028
by Howard
2867be DSL ISP Access Setup: How? was created by Howard
I am in the process of attampting to upgrade from a 2865ac to a 2867be.
I can get DSL link connectivity out of the box (SHOWTIME), but cannot get an IP address.
On the 2865ac there are a bunch of authentication and credential settings in the ISP Access setup directly on the WAN1 page.
These settings don't exist on the 2867be DSL WAN page, although they are referred to in the manual v1.0 on Page 28 under the IPv4 section.
The firmware version is the latest available 5.4.4.1. I tried downgrading the firmware to 5.4.2 in case this is a regression, but the router wouldn't take it.
I can get DSL link connectivity out of the box (SHOWTIME), but cannot get an IP address.
On the 2865ac there are a bunch of authentication and credential settings in the ISP Access setup directly on the WAN1 page.
These settings don't exist on the 2867be DSL WAN page, although they are referred to in the manual v1.0 on Page 28 under the IPv4 section.
The firmware version is the latest available 5.4.4.1. I tried downgrading the firmware to 5.4.2 in case this is a regression, but the router wouldn't take it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Ian
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 52
- Thank yous received: 0
02 Oct 2026 09:32 #107029
by Ian
Replied by Ian on topic 2867be DSL ISP Access Setup: How?
They should be found on (taken from a 2767 but it should be identical for this): -
Configuration / WAN Connections / WAN1 {Edit}
Should look something like the attachments (depending on your ISP)
Configuration / WAN Connections / WAN1 {Edit}
Should look something like the attachments (depending on your ISP)
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Howard
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank yous received: 0
02 Oct 2026 13:17 - 02 Oct 2026 13:18 #107030
by Howard
Replied by Howard on topic 2867be DSL ISP Access Setup: How?
Many thanks for your quick response.
Yes, I have exactly that, but what's missing is somewhere to put the ISP's PPPoE access credentials (BT is my DSL ISP).
I had another unit turned up this morning (to be the on-site cold standby unit) with the older firmware 5.4.2 loaded onto it, and it exhibits the same thing.
Here are some screenshots (I don't seem to be able to upload pictures directly, possibly because I don't have enough posting history).
2867be WAN2 DSL:
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20125043.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20125052.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20131411.png
2865ac WAN1 DSL:
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20130758.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20130814.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20123904.png
Yes, I have exactly that, but what's missing is somewhere to put the ISP's PPPoE access credentials (BT is my DSL ISP).
I had another unit turned up this morning (to be the on-site cold standby unit) with the older firmware 5.4.2 loaded onto it, and it exhibits the same thing.
Here are some screenshots (I don't seem to be able to upload pictures directly, possibly because I don't have enough posting history).
2867be WAN2 DSL:
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20125043.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20125052.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20131411.png
2865ac WAN1 DSL:
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20130758.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20130814.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20123904.png
Last edit: 02 Oct 2026 13:18 by Howard.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Howard
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank yous received: 0
02 Oct 2026 13:53 - 02 Oct 2026 13:55 #107031
by Howard
Replied by Howard on topic 2867be DSL ISP Access Setup: How?
After an extraordinarily helpful chat with Draytek support over the phone, the secret sauce is that there is a drop down list by "IPv4 Connection Type" that I missed in the IPv4 section of Configuration => WAN => WAN2 => Edit. Speaking with the support agent, I don't think I'm the first to miss this!
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20134631.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20135103.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20134631.png
http://www.hanlincrest.com/images/Screenshot%202026-10-02%20135103.png
Last edit: 02 Oct 2026 13:55 by Howard.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Admin3, Christopher