DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum
Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users
Why is Draktek disabling 3910's?
- Iain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank yous received: 0
26 Sep 2026 10:29 #106988
by Iain
Why is Draktek disabling 3910's? was created by Iain
OK, Can someone explain to me why DRAYTEK is disabling 3910's to force an update to 4.4.6.3?
It is the most outrageous behaviour I have ever seen from a router manufacturer.
It is the most outrageous behaviour I have ever seen from a router manufacturer.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- the_pit
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 96
- Thank yous received: 0
26 Sep 2026 16:48 #106989
by the_pit
Replied by the_pit on topic Why is Draktek disabling 3910's?
Didn't disable mine at all. Why do you think yours was disabled?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- piste basher
- Offline
- Big Contributor
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1334
- Thank yous received: 19
27 Sep 2026 08:19 #106991
by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic Why is Draktek disabling 3910's?
The "live demo" on the .com site is still on 3.9.1.1 and that doesn't appear to have been "disabled"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Iain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank yous received: 0
27 Sep 2026 09:15 #106993
by Iain
Replied by Iain on topic Why is Draktek disabling 3910's?
I was on 4.4.6.2.
When you went to any site the router intercepted the request and displayed a warning message saying an update was available... You could acknowledge the message for 1 hour and it would let you carry on as usual, but the message kept coming back. On the wireless network it refused to allow connections, but didn't display the message, if you kept trying the wireless network would connect but it gave the impression of unreliability.
Why would draytek do this?
When you went to any site the router intercepted the request and displayed a warning message saying an update was available... You could acknowledge the message for 1 hour and it would let you carry on as usual, but the message kept coming back. On the wireless network it refused to allow connections, but didn't display the message, if you kept trying the wireless network would connect but it gave the impression of unreliability.
Why would draytek do this?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- the_pit
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 96
- Thank yous received: 0
27 Sep 2026 11:16 #106994
by the_pit
Replied by the_pit on topic Why is Draktek disabling 3910's?
Didn't notice any of this but then I don't use the Draytek as a DNS source for my computers. My WiFi isn't Draytek either.
Has anybody else see this though?
The only thing I noticed was that my Eset security lost connection to the live servers but connecting via vpn to a different country fixed this which suggest there was an issue with routing. My wifi brielfy said no internet access although there was as I was browsing at the time.
However looking at the number of bug fixes I'm surprised the 3910 didn't show any issues before hand. I noticed one bug with the new firmware isn't caching web sites any more. My firesticks do use the Draytek as a dns service so they normally fill the dns cache.
Has anybody else see this though?
The only thing I noticed was that my Eset security lost connection to the live servers but connecting via vpn to a different country fixed this which suggest there was an issue with routing. My wifi brielfy said no internet access although there was as I was browsing at the time.
However looking at the number of bug fixes I'm surprised the 3910 didn't show any issues before hand. I noticed one bug with the new firmware isn't caching web sites any more. My firesticks do use the Draytek as a dns service so they normally fill the dns cache.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Iain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank yous received: 0
28 Sep 2026 18:04 #107003
by Iain
Replied by Iain on topic Why is Draktek disabling 3910's?
Same here. I use Cloudflare for DNS and a different brand Wi-Fi AP.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Admin3, Christopher