DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum
Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users
Strange behaviour of PQ1070x after firmware upgrade
- piste basher
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Big Contributor
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1334
- Thank yous received: 19
25 Mar 2026 18:06 #106187
by piste basher
Strange behaviour of PQ1070x after firmware upgrade was created by piste basher
Around the end of last year I installed one of these new 7 port switches in my home network, so I could have an optical 10G link between floors. The switch came with the initial release firmware 1.58.0
Downstream of the switch are two AP906 access points (part of a mesh system), which provide connections for, amongst other things, a BLINK camera, on SSID1/VLAN1 and an Amazon ECHO dot, a KASA Smart switch and four TPLink Smart Switches all on SSID2/VLAN2
All working absolutely fine after installation.
Recently I noticed that firmware 1.58.1 was available for the switch, so I upgraded to that. Nothing else was changed.
Following this "upgrade", the KASA smart switch and one of the TPLink switches were able to re-connect to the wifi/ internet, but the ECHO dot, the BLINK camera and the other 3 TPLink switches just refused to connect, no matter how many times I tried to re-set them. Only by reverting to the switch firmware 1.58.0 am I able to re-connect these devices.
I have verified this behaviour by trying it twice, with identical results.
I have no networking expertise and am unable to explain this behaviour, but would be interested if anyone can shed any light on it. I'm just glad that I didn't buy this switch at a later date, when it may have been supplied with 1.58.1 and I wouldn't have realised there is some kind of issue . That would have had me doubting my sanity!
Downstream of the switch are two AP906 access points (part of a mesh system), which provide connections for, amongst other things, a BLINK camera, on SSID1/VLAN1 and an Amazon ECHO dot, a KASA Smart switch and four TPLink Smart Switches all on SSID2/VLAN2
All working absolutely fine after installation.
Recently I noticed that firmware 1.58.1 was available for the switch, so I upgraded to that. Nothing else was changed.
Following this "upgrade", the KASA smart switch and one of the TPLink switches were able to re-connect to the wifi/ internet, but the ECHO dot, the BLINK camera and the other 3 TPLink switches just refused to connect, no matter how many times I tried to re-set them. Only by reverting to the switch firmware 1.58.0 am I able to re-connect these devices.
I have verified this behaviour by trying it twice, with identical results.
I have no networking expertise and am unable to explain this behaviour, but would be interested if anyone can shed any light on it. I'm just glad that I didn't buy this switch at a later date, when it may have been supplied with 1.58.1 and I wouldn't have realised there is some kind of issue . That would have had me doubting my sanity!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Dave
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 14
- Thank yous received: 0
29 Sep 2026 07:07 #107008
by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Strange behaviour of PQ1070x after firmware upgrade
Hi,
I also have six PQ1070x and am currently running firmware version 1.58.2 (Build 2026-04-22 15:10:50).
I have noticed that upon rebooting, a fiber port sometimes loses connection. To resolve this, I have to log into the PQ1070x , manually set the port to 10Gb, apply the setting, and then set it back to Auto. Apart from this issue, everything seems to be working fine.
Dave.
I also have six PQ1070x and am currently running firmware version 1.58.2 (Build 2026-04-22 15:10:50).
I have noticed that upon rebooting, a fiber port sometimes loses connection. To resolve this, I have to log into the PQ1070x , manually set the port to 10Gb, apply the setting, and then set it back to Auto. Apart from this issue, everything seems to be working fine.
Dave.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Admin3, Christopher