DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum
Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users
G2282x - 3910 via SPF+
- Iain
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 10
- Thank yous received: 0
02 Apr 2026 17:19 #106202
by Iain
G2282x - 3910 via SPF+ was created by Iain
So I am going to show a little ignorance here.
I have a newly acquired G2282x switch and I want to connect it to the primary router a 3910.
Thought it would be easy. Plug short SPF+ connector, wait for lights and boom the router would talk to the new switch.
No such luck.
Nothing, zero, worse than zero, ziltch no data nothing, despite the light coming on, on both the switch and router.
Now I do use Vlans, and I did configure the switch to use the same vlans before connecting the two together, I also set the management vlan to the correct Vlan id to ensure I could access the management interface. But I simply get/get nothing.
So I can not configure the switch and I certainly can not start connecting devices to the switch because they get no connectivity...
I am probably missing something very simply, but I am sitting here scratching my head wonder if I should just sent the unit back!
Any help or pointers or assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
I have a newly acquired G2282x switch and I want to connect it to the primary router a 3910.
Thought it would be easy. Plug short SPF+ connector, wait for lights and boom the router would talk to the new switch.
No such luck.
Nothing, zero, worse than zero, ziltch no data nothing, despite the light coming on, on both the switch and router.
Now I do use Vlans, and I did configure the switch to use the same vlans before connecting the two together, I also set the management vlan to the correct Vlan id to ensure I could access the management interface. But I simply get/get nothing.
So I can not configure the switch and I certainly can not start connecting devices to the switch because they get no connectivity...
I am probably missing something very simply, but I am sitting here scratching my head wonder if I should just sent the unit back!
Any help or pointers or assistance would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- piste basher
- Offline
- Big Contributor
-
Less
More
- Posts: 1334
- Thank yous received: 19
27 Sep 2026 12:16 - 27 Sep 2026 12:18 #106997
by piste basher
Replied by piste basher on topic G2282x - 3910 via SPF+
Did you ever resolve this? I connect my 2928 to a P1281x via SFP+ (with 4 VLANS + default) and it worked straight away.
Last edit: 27 Sep 2026 12:18 by piste basher.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Admin3, Christopher