DrayTek UK Users' Community Forum
Help, Advice and Solutions from DrayTek Users
Reboot industrial control system from VigorACS
- Andrew
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank yous received: 1
10 Sep 2026 11:57 #106929
by Andrew
Reboot industrial control system from VigorACS was created by Andrew
I have an industrial control system I want to remotely power up. I have Draytek 2865/2927 routers which are permanently powered up. I'm thinking of using a Raspberry Pico powered from the USB port on the router which is connected to the router's Wi-Fi, The Pico would then listen for a PING or WoL from the router (which can be initiated from VigorACS) and then the Pico would telnet to the UPS (or use it's web API) to get it to power the system up.
Other than PING or WoL are there any other network methods I can use from VigorACS to trigger the Pico into action?
Other than PING or WoL are there any other network methods I can use from VigorACS to trigger the Pico into action?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Andrew
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 62
- Thank yous received: 1
19 Sep 2026 12:09 #106953
by Andrew
Replied by Andrew on topic Reboot industrial control system from VigorACS
I have this working nicely using WebHooks. Ping doesn't work as responding to that is handled in the firmware on a Raspberry Pico, WoL doesn't work as the 2927 seems to send an Ethernet frame to the physical Ethernet ports but not via Wi-Fi. WebHooks works and has the advantage of allowing different actions using a different URL.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Admin3, Christopher